As you grow as a blogger, pr companies will approach you requesting for your media kit. If you were unsure of what exactly a media kit is or need some direction on What To Include In Your Media Kit. You’re at the right place!
What is a Media Kit?
A Media Kit is like a visual resume, that showcases your brand: who you are, what your focus or niche is on your platform, and what you can offer to the brands that you’re pitching. It’s how you present your brand to companies that you want to work with. So it’s important to make a good first impression!
Do I need a Media Kit?
The short answer is yes that is if you plan to collaborate with brands. Not to say that you cannot work with brands without having a media kit. Brands can ask to collaborate with you based on your social media following and engagement. Having all your information in one document makes it easy for brands to refer to your media kit. Which hosts all the important information they usually request from you.
What Should You Include In Your Media Kit?
- A short description of you and your blog
- In this section, you can share a bit about yourself and the blog. You can include what topics you write about, your audience, and anything important that you might want your potential partner to know about your blog.
- Your blog’s and social media statistics.
- Here, you can include your monthly page views, monthly unique visitors, and following on relevant social media platforms. You don’t have to list every social media platform you are on – include those with a good following.
- Collaboration Opportunities.
- Here you can share how brands can collaborate with you.
- Through product reviews, sponsored posts, giveaways, Ads, etc. You can also list your pricing options for each collaboration opportunity.
- Brands you’ve worked with
- If you have worked with other brands before. You can include what other brands you’ve worked with, add those brands logos.
- How to contact you.
- Most important! Don’t forget to add your contact details. Brands must reach you!
- What do you include here? You can include your email address, website URL, and your phone number.
- A media kit is vital when you plan on working with brands, you will often find pr companies requesting this from you. It’s always good to update it regularly. Good idea to update your stats every month to keep your media kit up to date.
- Where can I create a Media Kit? There are so many places to find media kits, you can create one from scratch using Canva or purchase a template and add your information. It’s as simple as that! There’s so many beautiful media kit template designs you can make use of and they are super affordable if you don’t have time to create one from scratch.
I’ve created a media kit template you can sale and use within Canva! You can also subscribe to my mailing list and get access to a FREE Canva media kit that you can customise.