How To Update And Refresh Content To Increase Your Blog Traffic
As bloggers, content creators or business owners, you’re constantly creating new content for your audience. Learn how to update and refresh content to increase your blog traffic and saving you more time to focus on other aspects of your life.
Let’s face it, constantly coming up with new content ideas can be hard. Mentally it can take its toll on you! Why not refresh your existing content instead. Yes, you’ve heard me! Refresh content from previous older content can sometimes be more useful and beneficial by reintroducing these content pieces to your audience.
Here’s how you can update and refresh content;
Make your content more comprehensive. Use a critical eye to ensure you’re not making your content too long to digest. People just don’t have the time nor patience to read your entire post. So making it shorter and more impactful is the way to go. Honestly, when have you ever read a thousand-word blog post from start to finish? Raise your hand!
Update Your Content
Updating your content is the theme of this post. However, updating a blog post can mean updating any content specific to a previous year to the current year and current software update. For example, if you shared a post with the latest Instagram tips, you can simply exit and update it with more updated content. Keep a list of blog posts using specific dates, screenshots, and ever-changing topics this will make them easier to track.
Now you can go ahead and optimize your content by creating an SEO checklist using relevant keywords to help your content rank better for SEO. Use plugins like Yoast or Rank Math to better optimize your blog posts for SEO.
Retarget & Repromote
Reuse your content and retarget it to your audience. Change the blog post titles or share a fresh take on the topic. Also, repromote your relevant content, this is great for evergreen content that can still be useful to your audience.
The Benefits of a Content Refresh
Okay, so that’s great Candice but why would I want to refresh my content? There are many benefits of refreshing your content;
- Updating and refreshing your content gives Google a reason to favour your content because it sees it as new.
- Increased website traffic boosts audience engagement because when your audience finds a blog post. This will make your content more shareable.
- Updating your existing content uses fewer resources and takes less time to do! Bonus!
- A content refresh allows for improved SEO because you can retarget keywords to fit the keyword search better.
- This is a great opportunity to look through the content you forgot existed and use it in the future for linking opportunities or content reshares on your website and social channels.
Refreshing your content can’t be a one-time thing. So best to set some time aside every month and have a look at what content is suitable for you to refresh and optimize. Soon you’ll start to notice an increase in your blog traffic…