As we ease into Spring, it’s a good idea to ‘spring clean’ your website with the new season approaching. To help make things easier I’ve included How to Easily Refresh Your Blog for a New Season to get your website ready!
Who says spring cleaning only needs to be done for your home. This is the perfect time to clean out unnecessary items on your website that might be slowing it down. Ideally, you want to update your website every few months so that you can crush your blogging goals. Having things fresh and clean also allows you to be more motivated right?!
Updating your content
The content on your website should always be accurate and up to date. The last thing you want is your reader landing on one of your older content pieces that’s no longer relevant. It’s definitely with implementing this in stages.
Here are some ideas of what you can look for to have updated.
- Update your services page if you are a service provider
- You want to make sure your pricing is all updated
- Check that all your content information is up to date, incase anything has changed since the last time you’ve done this.
Related content: How To Update And Refresh Content To Increase Your Blog Traffic
Broken links can hurt your SEO visibility, so take the time to check if all your links are updated where need be.
- Using tools like the WordPress Broken Link Checker plugin to ensure your links are always fixed.
- Test any of your active forms that’s living on your blog to ensure they are still accurate.
Related content: Resources For Bloggers
Decluttering and reorganizing your website
Takke the time to have a look on your website backend of any images, documents or plugins that you’re no longer making use of.
Here are even more ways you can declutter your website, this will allow it to run faster as there are less unnessary content on the server.
- Clean up navigation menu, by keeping only the relevant pages
- Delete and update any information that is no longer of use
- Remove unnecessary banners and pop-ups that is no longer needed
Related content: 5 Ways To Plan The Most Productive Week
Refresh the look and feel of your website
One of the things I personally enjoy doing is changing up the look and feel our your website. You’d be surprised at what a little refresh can do.
- Perhaps you want to update your profile images
- Look into updating your blog fonts and colours
- Create a new blog opt in banner if you have one. Flodesk makes this incredibly easy!
- Or update your entire blog theme by purchasing a new template for your blog
Planing fresh content
There’s nothing like planning your content ahead of time with fresh content ideas. Use planners and schedulers like Notion and Planoly to plan out fresh content for your audience
Related content: 3 Best Productivity Tools for Bloggers to Help You Get More Done
Giving your website some attention every now and then will help you run your blog sucessully. I hope you found these tips helpful.