So you just posted a photo on Instagram and want to attract more viewers by sharing it to your Instagram stories you’re sick of the standard, plain background. Well in today’s post I am going to show you How To Customise Your Instagram Stories Background when sharing your posts.
How To Customise Your Instagram Stories Background
When sharing posts to Instagram, they usually preselect a background on the colours in that post or you can use the colour selector to choose a plain colour to add. I find this to be pretty dull and not always something I want to use. Well, now you can upload your background if you didn’t know already. You can either create your own or find a really cute background from Pinterest that you wish to upload as your post background. All you need is to follow these simple steps.
Once you have the image you want you will need to download OVER. We going to be using over to upload the image you want and using the mask took. Once you have downloaded over and the app is ready to use.
- Click the plus sign in the middle to upload.
- Click the image and access your photo gallery to upload the image you want.
- Then click in the image and choose EDIT – scroll on the selector options at the button on the screen to find the mask option.
- Press down on the image. This will create a circle with a transparent background. It might look strange right now but this is exactly what you want.
- Once you have your image with a ’hole’ in it. Click the tick to save. Click the share button on the far top right. Then click the save button to save it on your device. Make sure that your export setting selected in png.
- Once the image is downloaded to your camera roll.
- Go into Instagram to the photo you posted on your grid, that you want to share to your Instagram Stories.
- Click on the plane icon.
- Click ADD POST TO YOUR STORIES.
- Go to your camera roll to the photo you want as your background copy it open Instagram Stories and you will get an ADD sticker icon. If you miss it not to worry just tap and paste. You can then resize the image to fit the entire screen. It the hole you will see the shared feed post click through it and your feed post will be brought forward and voila you can share it to your stories.