Having an email marketing strategy was never really something I’ve taken seriously. Since the rebranding, I’ve truly understood the importance of email marketing. How you can use your email list to make personal connections with your audience. Queue Flodesk, it’s at this point I came across Flodesk. I was mind blown at how STUNNING and intuitive the Flodesk email platform is. In this post, you will learn How To Set Up A Welcome Sequence In Flodesk.
At this point, I might have lost you… If you are new to email marketing then you probably haven’t the foggiest what a Welcome Sequence is.
What is a Welcome Sequence?
A Welcome Sequence is essentially a sequence of emails kind of like a workflow. These emails can be set up once and automatically sent to your subscribers. Yep! All you need to do is set it up ONCE.
How to get started?
Flodesk is extremely easy to navigate once you’ve logged in.
Set up a Segment
Before you sent up your Welcome sequence make sure to set up an audience segment. A segment is a list of where all your new subscribers will go to. Once an email address is added to this segment the workflow will be triggered.
Set Up A Form
A form is essentially a way to gather email addresses. This can be embedded on your website or you can create a full-page form that essentially works as a landing page. Your subscribers will be able to add their details. You can link each form to a specific segment. This is great when you have multiple forms set up for different freebies and courses. I will go more in-depth with forms in another post.
Setting Up Your Workflow
So now that you have your form and email subscribers are being added to a certain segment. You’re ready to create your Welcome workflow.
- Open the workflow tab, by clicking on “Workflows” in your Flodesk menu.
- Click “Create New”
- Flodesk gives you a few workflow ideas to get you started, or can also “Start from scratch” in this case we will use the “Welcome Sequence”
- Click “Customize”
- Click “Add trigger” this is what starts the workflow.
- Then choose ” A Subscriber is added to a segment” in the drop-down menu on the right.
- Add the segment you’d like to add.
- Click “Save”
- Click the + icon below the trigger, and select email.
- Click “Edit” on the first template in the workflow. You can add your freebie/lead magnet in this email and welcoming your new subscriber.
- You now have the option to add more emails in your Welcome Sequence and add a time delay of when you want this email to be sent to your subscriber.
- Click the + icon below the suggested emails, and select email if you want to add any more emails to be added to this workflow.
What to add to your Welcome Sequence
This is totally up to you below are a few good ideas to add to your Welcome Sequence workflow after your Welcome letter which should be standard
- Share a freebie/lead magnet
- Share a discount count
- Share a personal story, maybe how you got started
- Share more details about what your new subscribers can expect from you.
Once you start thinking about it, there are quite a few emails you can automate and add to your welcome sequence. This has saved me so much time! Although other email marketing tools like Mailchimp have their own version of workflows. This is only available when you upgrade. Unlike Mailchimp, Flodesk only has one fee! No price changes as your list grow. You also get access to workflows and all the other incredible features Flodesk offers.
- Read more about how I moved from Mailchimp here.
Do you want to test out Flodesk? Use this link to test it out for free for 30 days & get 50% off for life!
Liked this post? Share it!
DISCLAIMER: THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS