With so many font options available, it’s crucial to find a font pairing that’s aligned with your brand. Font combinations can make or break a brand. Whether you aiming for a feminine, modern or traditional feel. Depending on this direction, you will be able to find the perfect font combo.
Fonts can truly turn words into stories… Finding the perfect pair is like magic when you’re creating graphics for your brand. So finding the perfect pair that compliment each other is more important then you think.
To help you understand the psychology behind different fonts a bit better. Here’s a break down on these font classifications.
The Four Font Classifications
Association: Timeless, Structured, High End
Examples: Georgia, Didot, Baskerville
Association: Simple, Modern, Fashion-Forward, Expensive
Examples: Avenir, Helvetica, Nourd
Association: Feminine, Elegant, Pretty
Examples: Georgia Script, Angel, Forever and ever
Association: Laid Back, Personal, Trendy
Examples: Brittany, Moontime, Femen
Now when it comes to pairing fonts there are some best practices and guidelines that are recommended by designers.
- Avoid combining two similar fonts
- Contrast is key
- Stick to two different fonts (three max) You can use them in varies ways like italic and bold.
Some easy font pairing tips:
- Serif pairs great with a san serif
- San serif pairs nicely with a serif
- Script with a san serif
- Hand Written with a serif or san-serif
Here are 5 free font pairings that you might want to use if you’re stuck.
There are a few places to find some great fonts.
- Creative Market – which offers paid fonts.
- Dafont – which has a wide variety of different font options and they are all FREE!
- Cufonfonts – Another website I use often to expand my font collection.
If you have the pro version of Canva you can simply upload all of these fonts straight to your Canva brand kit and boom! They are ready for you to use with any graphic you create.