Comparing Popular Instagram Scheduling Apps – Which One Should You Use?
One of the keys to success for any content creator or blogger is time management! Time is valuable, the less time you spend on certain tasks the more you can spend it on other things. So automating as many things in your processes as possible with allowing you to free up more time to spend on other things.
One of the ways you implement automation is using an Instagram scheduling app. I have used several Instagram Planning Apps over the years and today I am going to be comparing popular Instagram scheduling apps so that you can decide which one you should use.
Most Instagram scheduling apps do have the option to upgrade to a paid version, which of course gives you access to more features…
Preview is a surprisingly robust solution as far as Instagram planners go, allowing you to schedule, design, edit, and analyze your Instagram business account all in one place. It’s one of the more simple Instagram planners and attracts many users due to this fact.
Preview is feature-rich, offering the ability to drag and drop your posts to create a perfect feed and the ability to upload videos and albums, however with many features like the option to automatically post to Instagram you will need to upgrade.
Here is a full list of features:
- Drag and drop feed design tool for curating the perfect feed
- Analytics to track performance, find the best times to post, and the most effective hashtags (full analytics only on the top-tier plan)
- Library of themed filters
- Free stock photo library of 500,000+ photos
- Ability to edit photos, including adding borders
- Repost option for photos and videos
- Hashtag search, grouping, and analytics
- Ability to schedule posts, albums, and videos
- Ability to add team members to your account (top paid plan only)
Pricing: Preview has three price plans from free up to $14.99 per month, each with varying levels of features. The free plan comes with unlimited posts, two filter packages, and basic analytics. The higher packages offer unlimited users, the ability to re-post, additional analytics, more filter packages, hashtag analytics, and more.
Drawbacks: Preview is only available in app form, which may be a drawback if you like to work on your desktop. The free plan is limiting, although you get unlimited posts you cannot auto-post to Instagram if you simply don’t have the time to always remember to post to Instagram this will not be ideal for you unless you upgrade.
Later is probably one of the most popular Instagram Planning tools on this list and is used by so many Social media managers or creators. The interface is pretty simple to use and you can schedule on a variety of different social media platforms, so you not limited to just Instagram.
- Import photos and videos from your phone, desktop, Google Drive, or Dropbox
- Manage multiple accounts per platform (paid plans only)
- Drag and drop feed planner
- Easily find and repost content from other users and automatically credit the original poster
- Find the best time to post
- Track engagement, followers, and clicks
- Make it easy for followers to make purchases with a Shoppable feed
- Add multiple links to posts
- Use on desktop or mobile
- Tag locations and users
- Hashtag suggestions (paid plans only)
- Schedule videos and multi-image posts (paid plans only)
- Post to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
Pricing: For access to better support, the ability to schedule videos or multi-image posts, you will need to upgrade to a paid account, starting at just $9 per month. Later also offers custom pricing who manage more than five accounts per platform. For additional profiles, you will pay $5 each on top of the brand plan price of $49.
Drawbacks: The free plan is extremely limited the fact that you cannot post carousels and videos unless you upgrade might be a negative factor for you.With carousel posts being a great way to get more eyes on your profile this might be important for you.
PlannThat or also know as Plann might be a planning app that you have not known because. Plann is simple to use and has the ability to edit, upload and schedule Instagram stories too! The free plan will be suitable for most users.
- Drag and drop tool to create the perfect Instagram feed
- Ability to mass upload hundreds of photos at once
- Organize, edit, and schedule Instagram stories
- Robust analytics so you can tell what is working
- Photo editing and image overlay tools
- Instagram strategy tool to help you set and plan long-term goals
- Ability to store hashtag groups so you can schedule posts faster
- Easily find and share user-generated content about your brand
Pricing: PlannThat offers four different plans, from free to an unlimited plan that is just $9 a month. Features vary by plan, but the free version offers up to 30 uploads a month, the ability to upload videos, editing tools, and repost tools.
Drawbacks: PlannThat has a decent offering already. I would like there to be more options to schedule to other platforms but this is an Instagram scheduling tool.
Planoly is an incredible Instagram scheduler and with reason! Boosting so many features, even with the free plan it’s hard not to love! Planoly not only allows you to post to Instagram, but you can also auto-post to Facebook, Twitter and even your Pinterest pins! Truly setting up your social media on autopilot.
- Comment Inbox
- Best time to post (available for paid plans)
- Post carousels and videos with notification alert
- Auto-post your first comment (great for hashtags in the comment)
- Image filters
- Quick Schedule
- Hashtag lists
- Plan Instagram Stories
- Add drafts
- Available on desktop
Pricing: Free account gives you up to 30 posts on both Instagram and Pinterest, you get access to comment on your latest 5 posts and can create a linkit (link in bio). Planoly has 3 paid option plans, a solo plan ($9) giving you unlimited posts to 1 platform (you can choose Instagram or Pinterest) Duo – allowing you unlimited posts on both platforms. Custom option, this is calculated on how many users you add.
Drawbacks: hmm, honestly it’s hard to think of any. Planoly has such great features already compared to other platforms. It’s easier to use and I am all about the aesthetics of the brand. There’s a reason I choose to pay for my annual plan.
With so many social media schedulers it all comes down to personal preference! What Instagram planning app do you use and why? Let me know in the comments below.
Pin for later
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links