What if I told you there’s an easier way to create content? If you’re feeling stuck with creating content across platforms. Then repurposing content could be the solution to all your problems! You’ll learn 3 Simple Ways To Repurpose Your Social Media Content To Maximize Results.
You are working far too hard to constantly come up with fresh ideas. Truth be told your audience won’t see every piece of content you create. What if you created just ONE main piece of content that is repurposed in multiple ways? Repurposing content is one of those strategies that every content marketer should be following.
What is repurposing content and why should you do it
Repurposing content, also known as “content recycling” or “content upcycling“, all refer to taking existing content and reusing it somewhere else, in a different context. There are so many ways you can recycle or repurpose one main piece of content.
Repurposing content has considerable benefits. Besides the fact that it saves you a LOT of time, repurposing content allows you to reach a completely new audience, thus increasing your traffic.
Once you’ve found the right content, the next step is to find how to repurpose it. To do so, we’ve listed 7 creative ways to repurpose your social media content.
How do choose what content to repurpose?
When deciding whether a piece of content is worth repurposing, there are 3 things to look for:
- Evergreen content – This is content that is continually relevant to your readers, no matter what time of year it is.
- Popular content – Checking at your Google Analytics you can determine which posts do well with your audience. Repurpose them and make them more relevant.
- The content you can expand on – Use content you can expand on and share more details about. There are certain posts that have so many details you can share. Perhaps you can improve or add to those content pieces.
3 Simple Ways To Repurpose Your Social Media Content To Maximize Results
- Turn the blog into a video. Once your blog post is completed. You can repurpose that post and simply use it as an outline for your next YouTube or IGTV video.
- Break down the video into 3 captions. For each of your points in the video, use them as the base of each social media caption.
- Take important points of the captions and turn them into quote cards. You can post quote cards with quotes from your captions in your Instagram stories, social media posts, or on your blog. Use Canva to create a trendy quote card. Canva has so many stunning templates, you can simply drag and drop your images and change the text.
These are just a few, there are so many ways you can stretch one piece of content idea and repurpose it into many ways.
With these tips on repurposing content, you’ll be getting the most value out of your content efforts. Soon you’ll have more content variations than simply sharing inspirational quotes.
Do you have any other methods of repurposing content? Share your ideas and thoughts in the comments!
Pin for later
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links