3 Amazing Websites to Create Free Mockups for Your Next Design Project
If you’re a blogger or content creator chances are you’ve heard of mockups before. If you want to know about mockups and want 3 Amazing Websites to Create Free Mockups for Your Next Design Project then this is the post for you.
Firstly, let’s discuss what mockups are and why you would want to use it in your graphic design projects.
What are Mockups?
Mockups in the world of design is a high-fidelity simulation of how a website will look. Website mockups combine the structure and logic of a wireframe but with the images, graphics, and UI elements that the final product will have.
However, while website mockups don’t include the transitions and usable functions you’ll see in a prototype and in the final product, they generally include basic navigation and interactions. Simply put, mockups help us define:
- Information architecture: how you organize your website’s information logically and hierarchically.
- User flow: how the user will interact with your website and the navigation UX
- Visual hierarchy and layout: how all the elements appear on your webpages, their size and position relative to one another and the spacing between
- Colour: nearly always contain the colour scheme you’ll use in the final product
- Typography: contain the exact fonts types, sizes and boldness that your final product will have
- Images: Use SVGs and high-quality images that mirror exactly the ones you’ll include in your final product.
Why would want to use Mockups?
Mockups are a brilliant way to show off your website, designs, and products in a high-quality image. They also save you time and are easy to use, simply drag and drop your content.
3 Popular Mockup Websites
There are so many free websites out there that offer mockups. Here are a few mockup websites you can use.
Create professional mockups right inside your browser using smartmockups.
- The fastest web-based mockup tool
- No experience or skills needed, super easy-to-use
- Ever-growing library of professional mockups
- Integrated with Canva to create mockup designs with ease.
Mokup Frames is an incredibly useful app that you can download on your desktop. Simply upload a video or photo to display on your mockup screen. Choose from a vast variety of export templates: iPhones, Androids, PC & Web. This is one of my favourite mockup websites to create gorgeous mockups it’s professional and so easy to use.
Yes, Canva has mockups too! Canva is truly a versatile design app, use their mockups to create stunning mockup designs to showcase your offering.
Simply click on the elements tab and search Mockups to find Mockup designs within the Canva app. From iPhone 12 mockups to Computer mockups you’ll find them all using the Canva design tool.
Here are a few other mockup websites you can also look into.
You can also find PSD mockups if you’re comfortable with working with Photoshop. Have you used mockups before? Let me know in the comments below.